If you have neuropathy, the most commonly described feelings are sensations of numbness, tingling (“pins and needles”), and weakness in the area of the body affected. Other sensations include sharp, lightening-like pain; or a burning, throbbing or stabbing pain.
- History and physical exam
- Neurologic exam
- Blood work and imaging tests
- Nerve conduction study (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Medicines can be used to control pain
- Physical therapy
- Your results will depend on what is causing your neuropathy.
- If your neuropathy is due to a treatable condition (like diabetes), improving the condition might result in stopping the neuropathy or preventing it from getting worse.
- If the underlying cause of the neuropathy can’t be treated, then the goal is to manage the symptoms of neuropathy and improve your quality of life.
Contact us today for more information or fill out the form below for an appointment.
Do not wait any longer and request an appointment with our clinic today!